Sunday, March 30, 2014

Saturday and Sunday

These have been a nice couple of leisurely days. We have spent most of our time in the room with sweet MinLan.....holding her when she would let me and trying to comfort when she wouldn't.

Yesterday morning we got up and walked to a store called Aeon. It has several floors and it has everything you an imagine.

Especially if your baby loves cod fish and apple cereal....


Or milk in a juice box.....don't you just love the big udder on the box?


The weirdness was more than I could handle so I finally had to just put my phone up and trying to take it all in. 

I did LOVE how they packaged their strawberries though....pretty smart!


We bought MinLan a bottle to try while we were there and also bought her a pacifier (oh, how I despise pacifiers).....hoping it might help with her teeth grinding. It does stop her some when she will keep it in. :-)

So after we made it safely back to the room, I mixed up a four ounce bottle and she drank it right down! I know she was so thirsty.  She would hardly let me get near her with any liquid for the past week. She hasn't taken the bottle really well today but it's better than nothing.

Our guide came over late in the afternoon to help us prepare all of our documents to take to our consulate appointment on Monday. This is our last official appointment! Woohoo!!!!


After our guide left, we headed out to find this noodle restaurant that we have heard great things about. Our guide said all the noodles are handmade and pretty inexpensive.

The restaurant was near the Irish pub and was very clean and nice.  We ordered two different plain noodle dishes to share that looked yummy. 




When the noodles arrived, they were cold....I mean, like on purpose....cold like they came from the fridge........uhhmmmmmm, no. We could not eat them. We came back to the room and ate cashews, Oreos and sprite. The dinner of champions. :-)

Last night, we managed to give little miss her first official bath and she loved it! Mommy got in with her and MinLan had lots of fun splashing and playing with her stacking cups. 

Tonight during her bath she was NOT happy. Here's hoping for a better bath tomorrow!

Look how cute she was in her strawberry pjs!


We even FaceTimed with daddy and Neely and she surprised us with the same pjs!


So today we had big plans to go to a museum today (Sunday) and go and see the Buddist temple but it has poured down rain most of the day. I had no desire to venture out in that so we stayed in the hotel today. We spent some time in the playroom and then ordered pizza in for dinner.



We had some attachment progress today. I tried to lay her down in the bed for a nap and she cried for me to pick her back up. I happily obliged and held her while she napped for about three hours. Best feeling in the world.



We are counting down the days until we get to come home!!!! I dread the plane ride home but will be happy to get there.  Please keep praying for MinLan to continue to trust us more each day.

Love,
Jenifer


No comments:

Post a Comment