Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 2

Ellie woke me up this morning at about 1:30 am because she was wondering what time it was. She, of course, needed to turn the LIGHT on to see the clock, hence waking mommy from a very deep sleep. 

We never went back to sleep and eventually just went ahead and got up and got ready for the day.

I was determined to have a calm morning this morning getting on our flight and that is just what happened. Thank you for praying friends. 

We checked out of our hotel, grabbed some breakfast and headed to the gate. Once we boarded, it was about a three hour flight to Guangzhou. Everything was perfect until my acupressure band broke right before we landed.  ACK!!!! If you know me at all, you know that all I have to do is THINK about being in a car/plane and I get sick. That's what made me check my bracelet! I started feeling sick!! I was pretty green the rest of the flight and to the hotel but am sitting here and not moving so I am feeling better! Tomorrow I will be bathing in peppermint oil to help with the nausea.

Ok, so once we landed, gathered all our luggage (I am so glad the next time I have to do that Bryan Parris will be there!!!), made it through customs and immigration then we met our guide Alexa. She got us to our driver and we headed to the hotel.

The smog here is terrible. I feel like I can hardly breathe.  I guess they are used to it.  So thankful to The Lord that my babies at home are breathing beautiful clean air. Ready for Ellie and MinLan to be breathing it too. 

So we got checked in and to our room at about 2:00. Ellie is busy unpacking and putting everything away. The front desk just brought MinLan's crib. 

In the morning, we'll eat breakfast here at the hotel and then exchange our US currency for Chinese yuan. Our guide will meet us in the lobby at 2:00pm to go get MinLan at 2:30 at the Civil Affairs office!!!!! Can you believe the day has finally come?!?!? God is so good! And so faithful. He loves to give us the desires of our heart....His Word tells us so. MinLan is truly the desire of our heart.

Please continue to pray for our sweet girl. She is going to be so confused and broken hearted. Pray for her not to be afraid.

Will update soon with pictures before we go to bed. About to go help Ellie unpack and find some food!!!

Love,
Jenifer


No comments:

Post a Comment