Hated leaving Bryan, Ethan, Roo and Neely. They'll all have a great time, I know but it was hard saying goodbye at the airport. Mommies aren't supposed to leave their babies for two weeks. All worth it in the end but still hard. I think it might be hardest on Ethan. He sure does love his momma. Say a special prayer for him.
So here we are at the airport, waiting to check in. Smooth process and grateful for no issues. This is my first time to fly internationally so I was a little apprehensive, especially since Bryan is not going with us (huge prayer need there....I miss Bryan! He is a pro traveler!)
So with no glitches, we boarded our Korean Air flight bound for Incheon, Korea. Let me just tell you that they were awesome!!!! The flight attendants looked just like they walked out of the commercial!!! They were stunning! And they looked as great after 14 hours on their feet as they did the minute we took off. The food was yummy and they kept it coming! I don't know why I am so worried about starving to death while I'm on this trip.....this girl likes to eat and gets panicky if I think there will not be access to something to keep my blood sugar up! Ha!
Here's the path we took. Ellie loved that we flew over Kentucky! We waved to our friends Sarah, Rita and Jennifer! And we of course thought of our friends Angela, Brittany and especially ROO when we flew over Canada!!!! Ellie thought it was neat to see lots of ice when we got further north. She was also very confused that it stayed daylight the entire time we flew. We were just ahead of nightfall the whole time.
We spent our time on the flight crafting, Ellie cross stitched and I knocked out one whole smocked Easter dress! Woohoo!! We played "go fish", colored, watched lots of movies...please, do NOT watch "Gravity" while you are hurdling through the air in a big tin can....just a wee bit stressful.....
I think we both did great until about hour eleven. Ellie finally fell asleep but I was done. I could not get comfortable, and was ready to be OFF that plane! I survived though and was glad to put my feet on the ground.
Here was lunch. We had the option of chicken, beef or a Korean meal. I of course chose chicken, Ellie beef but I mostly ate rice and all the sides.
For dinner, Ellie chose pasta and I chose fish and we got the exact same thing! Ha! Pasta with shrimp! And tiramisu for dessert...Korean Air has my undying affection.....
Here we are getting closer!!!
So we land a bit early and head into the airport...this is where the day goes bananas, there were tears from momma and I thought Ellie and I both we're going to have a nervousness breakdown in the airport. We had booked a night for ourselves at the Transit Hotel INSIDE the airport. The plus side to this is that when you arrive, you go straight to the room, no immigration or customs then the next morning you just hop back on your flight out. Easy peasy.....wrong.
And on a side note, a certain bearded man who told me that there are people everywhere at the airport that want to help you...ummmmm, yeah, not so much. And good luck finding someone that speaks English...southern, Jenifer Parris English... #impossible
First I ask an airport employee where our hotel is. There are NO signs. He says he has never heard of it. People it is IN the airport. He tells me there are NO hotels in the airport. Then he tells me I must go through immigration AND customs to even get to the information desk.
Uhmmmmm, wrong sir.
So know, we are through customs and immigration, and go to the information desk. She tells me I must go to the Korean Air desk. It is at the VERY end of the terminal opposite from where we were. We were sweating by the time we made it down there with our carryons. So we make it there only to find out that we will NOT be able to get back near the departure gate and our hotel because our boarding pass is for tomorrow. What?!?!?! I just need to walk back through the same way I came. #nothappening
I attempt to explain this to probably five different people...all of which look at me as if I were insane. I can not imagine doing this if I had MinLan with me!! We all would have been crying!!!!
After TWO HOURS, we finally make it the floor the hotel (remember the one that is "NOT" in the airport?) is on. I again go to the info desk (#pleaserenamethenoinfodesk). She asks me if I want the east or west hotel. What?!?!? At this point the tears a few welling up again. I ask for the one closest to us. We find the hotel and before we walk in, I stop and say a prayer asking The Lord to please make THIS hotel, THE hotel. It was. Hallelujah!!!! Within five minutes we were in our room...in the dark. No lights...ugghhhh.... Come to find out, you have to leave the room key in this box for the lights to stay on...who knew? I told you I wasn't much of a traveler....
Headed to bed and then we fly out early in the morning for a short flight headed to Guangzhou. Then we will stay there the whole time!! Yay!!!! I'm ready to stay put!
Ellie is already laying next to to me and snoring.
Thanks for your prayers and messages. Might take me a while to respond but they are so appreciated.
Please pray that I do not have a come apart in the Korean airport in the morning. Ha!!
Only one more night and MinLan will be in our arms!!!!! Woohoo!!!
Love you all!
Jenifer
















No comments:
Post a Comment