Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I-797, Notice of Action…….



So excited to receive this SWEEEEEET piece of paper in the mail yesterday!  We waited 64 days for this I-800a approval and it felt like forever……

This is the United State's Department of Homeland Security approving us to adopt.

Today, I took this document, our power of attorney (since Bryan will not be traveling with me) and another important letter for our dossier…..had them all notarized by our fabulous church secretary Robin….drove them all to Anniston and had them certified by Calhoun County's probate judge….then mailed them to my mom in Prattville.  She is going to drive them over to Montgomery to the Secretary of States office and have them state certified….then she will mail them back to me.

Once I receive them, I will mail them to a courier in Houston, TX who will then take them personally to the Chinese Consulate.  Once they are certified there, the courier will mail them back to me.

I will make copies. mail one copy and all the originals (gasp!) to our placing agency in Delaware.  They will scan each document, along with each certification…two to three per document and upload them into the Chinese system.  Once scanned in, she will wire fees to China and mail in the hard copy of our official dossier.

THEN.WE.WAIT.

Within about two weeks (hopefully), we should receive a LID (log in date) and then the wait begins again for LOA (letter of acceptance).  That is a HUGE day in adoption circles!  So just know when you see us posting that we received LOA, that we are hopping up and down at the Parris house!!!

Friends, please pray with us that there are no issues, no hold ups….that everything  is completed accurately and that we are on the SHORT side of the all the waiting estimations! So ready to go bring our sweet MinLan HOME!!!!  FOREVER!!!!!

We are coming sweet girl!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment