Sunday, June 2, 2013

Homestudy….


We are so excited to have our home study assigned!  Our agency requires the long list of required documents before they assign your home study to a social worker.

We have provided every requested document except for one personal reference, so our agency assigned our home study last week! WooHoo!!!

I emailed our social worker and she is excited to get started!

Looking forward to hearing back from her hopefully tomorrow to schedule our four visits.

Three of these interviews will be held either at our home study agency's office or a public location and the fourth visit will be held in our home.

We are in the process of getting our ducks in a row at home!  I feel like we have been in "end of year" mode…winding up Awana, Daddy's retirement and ballet.  Now we are ready to clean up, clean out and get ready for our home visit!

As soon as our home study is complete, our next step will be our I-800A.

The I-800A, basically says that we are eligible and suitable to adopt from a Hague convention country. This can take two to three months from what I have read. Ugghhhhhh……

Please continue to pray for us as we take this journey.  The fact that we already have our referral (most families get their child referral further along in their paperwork process), makes my heart hurt to bring MinLan home.  I feel like someone took Neely away from us and plopped her in China.

Celebrating Neely's first birthday today with family and friends, made us painfully aware that not only did we miss MinLan's first birthday but could likely miss celebrating her second with her as well.  It is hard to explain the love that we have for her already….

The kids talk about her all the time and include her in everything….

We now think in terms of five children instead of four….

We are dreaming about our future with her….

Now we just have to get her HOME….





We are coming sweet girl,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I have an adoption fundraising idea I'd like to share with you. Could you email me at mlee@coupaide.com?

    Thanks!

    Matthew Lee

    ReplyDelete